A Liebster and Versatile Blogger Award
Questions from Esme:
Name a stereotype about the country you come from?
The British love tea! Well this one is probably true… I like a nice cup of Earl Grey in the evening, but a nice strong coffee in the morning.
How many languages do you speak?
Just English but it is my lifelong ambition to learn Spanish, and I like to learn a little bit of the local lingo wherever I am.
What is your funniest travel experience ever?
Hard to pin point… had many fun times in Fiji when our bus broke down every few hours on our trip around the island, and I like people-watching so lots of funny moments crop up from my observation point.
Which food do you cook best?
I am not that great at cooking so my best dishes tend to be pasta and salads, but I like baking cakes and breads.
Your favorite song?
So many to choose just one… maybe ‘Little Baby Nothing’ by Manic Street Preachers.
Which place do you recommend me as a Must-See?
Thailand for colour and culture.
How do you spend your time in transportations while traveling?
Usually reading or planning ahead.
What is a global issue that you worry most about?
The destruction of forests and the carbon footprint of modern life.
Your favorite blog post?
The one about the Geysir area of Iceland, which was ‘freshly pressed’ by WordPress and I do like my picture for the colour, detail and wildness of it. But one of my personal favourite photos was of a dragonfly in Hua Hin, Thailand.
What is the last restaurant you have been to and how was it?
I much prefer a meal in a pub, being British and all! Although the last restaurant I went to was Tapas Barrinn in Iceland where I had the Icelandic tasting menu and it was delicious, and enjoyed in a nice cozy atmosphere.
What do you want to achieve this year?
Travel more. Offset my carbon. Find time to relax more often.
With a focus on new bloggers in the travel community, much like myself, my nominations are below along with the questions I am posing them…
Fractions of the World, Tales Along the Way, Life’s Big and Small Adventures, The World is a Book, For the Love of Wanderlust, Cartwheel Around the World, Snapshots, Travel Fudge, Flissfest, Little Hidden Place and Where in the World is Danya.
- Mountains, beach or city?
- Favourite travel book?
- If you could only travel to one more destination where would it be?
- Best luggage packing tip?
- Do you offset your carbon when travelling, or would you (why or why not)?
- How do you commemorate your travels (photo album, scrap book, ornaments, paintings….)?
- What tech do you use whilst travelling (phone, camera, tablet, gps…)?
- Where are you planning to travel to this year?
- What is your favourite mode of transport and why?
- If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be and why?
- Recommend to us the blog post you are most proud of and tell us why.
Jenny asked for 7 facts about myself so here they are…
- My eyes change colour in different lights!
- I’ve always wanted my own dog.
- I like hoovering and cleaning with my steam mop!
- I am now getting slightly better than my teacher at chess.
- I don’t watch a lot of TV but will tune in for a good documentary, or indulge in some random trash telly!
- I will be heading to the tiny Mediterranean island of Gozo at the end of June this year.
- I love finding out about life in ancient Rome and Pompeii through books, TV, film, blogs etc.
And so I pass the torch with my nominations which I am dedicating to brilliant bloggers I have just discovered…
Dinosaurs, Science and Design, Baz the Landy, Gypsy Architecture, Mazzarella Photo, Simple Pleasures, What I See is What I Shoot, Created-Create, Another Day in Paradise, Restless Jo, How to Cross an Ocean, Two Flightless Birds, Jump for Joy, Confessions of a Nomad, Tales Along the Way, and last but not least Not So Fancy Nancy.
And if you fancy watching my short video about Thailand for the MyBBB competition click here or via the button below. If you have time to place a few votes, using the social sharing buttons in the green box next to the video, I would be eternally grateful. Thank you and happy travels to all of you!